The Traffic Division consists of 10 team members: Superintendent, Foreman, Secretary, six Signal Technicians, and a Utility Worker.
The Traffic Division has many functions and areas in which the staff have the responsibility of managing. The following are some examples of the division's numerous functions:
- Maintaining existing City traffic signals
- Maintaining existing City street signs
- Striping of the City’s streets and parking lots
- Setting out and collecting data of traffic counters for engineering studies
- Setting out traffic control devices for special events, parades, etc.
- Installing overhead lighted street signs
- Installing banners downtown and along Vine Street
- Maintaining sign records program through Global Positioning Satellites (GPS)
The Traffic Division consists of: traffic signals, traffic signs and pavement markings