Education and Training
The City of Kissimmee is determined to conserve, preserve and protect the natural resources in our community through awareness, education and outreach.
Join us in the effort by requesting our staff to come to your school and give an environmental presentation to the students.
Presentations on recycling for 2nd-8th grade Kissimmee Schools: Each presentation can be tailored to specific groups and is interactive.
- Central Avenue Elementary
- Cypress Elementary School
- Flora Ridge Elementary
- Highlands Elementary
- Kissimmee Elementary
- Mill Creek Elementary
- Thacker Avenue Elementary
- Denn John Middle
- Kissimmee Middle
- Kissimmee Charter Academy (PreK-8)
Teachers: City Public Works staff provides educational presentations with interactive models. To place a request for a presentation please e-mail Justin Hetu @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407-518-2179.
Contractors: You attend a class to become a certified Florida Stormwater Erosion and Sedimentation Control inspector: Florida Stormwater Erosion and Sedimentation Control Inspector Training
Recycle-Bowl Competition - downloadable recycling activities
|Click to enlarge|
- http://www.epa.gov/owow/nps/kids/ - Environmental Protection Agency page with activities for kids regarding Nonpoint Source Pollution
- www.Flash.org - (Federal Alliance for Safe Homes) - Strengthening Homes and Safeguarding Families
- www.stormstruck.org - Stormstruck is an interactive weather experience at INNOVATIONS at Epcot® at Walt Disney World® Resort in Lake Buena Vista, designed to help visitors learn their risks for natural disasters, understand their property-protection and safety options, and take action today to protect families and homes