KISSIMMEE POLICE DEPARTMENT
The City of Kissimmee, is located in Central Florida approximately 15 miles south of the City of Orlando. The City of Kissimmee, is a diverse and rapidly growing community with more than 62,000 residents. Each year, the City hosts thousands of visitors, who come to enjoy the area’s warm climate and numerous attractions.
The Kissimmee Police Department is a professional and rapidly growing law enforcement organization utilizing modern technology and state-of-the-art equipment. It is represented by 131 highly dedicated sworn officers. Our police headquarters is equipped with a fitness/wellness center, which offers a full range of the latest in exercise and free-weight equipment designed to provide both anaerobic and aerobic workouts. The Kissimmee Police Department employs individuals of diverse backgrounds, education and experience. Applicants for employment are recruited from all walks of life, and possess a broad range of experience. This diversity provides our citizens and visitors with an exceptional level of commitment and service.
• U.S. Citizen (born or naturalized)
• Minimum 21 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Florida driver’s license by time of employment
• Florida Police Standards Certification
• No felony convictions
• No misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude
• No marijuana use in the last three years
• No other illegal controlled substance use or prescription drug abuse in the past seven years
• Never sold, delivered, grown, or manufactured any controlled substance
• Must not have pled guilty or nolo contendere to, or have been convicted of “Fleeing” or “Attempting to Elude” a police officer as defined in Florida State Statute
• Must not have pled guilty or nolo contendere to, or have been convicted of “Driving under the Influence,” as defined in Florida State Statute within the past seven years
• Must not have accumulated more than 12 points on a driver's license within the past 18 months, or have a driving record that demonstrates repeated offenses or flagrant disregard for traffic laws
• Body art or brandings are prohibited on the head, neck, face and hands. Tattoos on the arm between the natural fold of the elbow and the wrist must be covered by long sleeve shirt at all times while on-duty.
The salary range listed below does not include Shift Differential pay.
Starting: $41,371 / $19.89 per hour
Maximum: $63,939 / $30.74 per hour
Officers will also receive paid vacation and sick days. Officers are eligible to participate in the the City's Wellness Program.
:: Take-Home Vehicle ::
Officers who live within the City of Kissimmee limits and have completed the Field Training Program, will receive a take-home vehicle. If you live beyond the City limits, but within 10 miles (air miles) from the Police Department, $10 will be deducted for the use of the take-home vehicle. If you live within 25 miles (air miles) from the Police Department, $20 will be deducted for the use of the take-home vehicle.
:: Health Insurance ::
The City pays 100% of the employee’s Health/Dental Insurance costs. Dependent coverage is available at the employee’s expense.
:: Life Insurance ::
The City provides employees with Life Insurance, equal to their annual salary and double for accidental death and dismemberment. Supplemental insurance is available at the employee's expense.
:: Equipment ::
All officers are provided with uniforms, weapons and other necessary equipment.
:: Retirement ::
Sworn members of the Department are enrolled in the Kissimmee Police Municipal Police Officer Pension Plan, Civilian employees are enrolled in the City of Kissimmee General Employee Pension Plan.
All applicants must meet the Kissimmee Police Department's strict standards and hiring qualifications, which involves passing the following:
• Written Test
• Physical Test
• Oral Review Board
• Computer Voice Stress Analysis
• Psychological Exam
• In-Depth Background Investigation
• Medical Examination, which includes Drug Screening
Applications can be obtained and submitted to the City of Kissimmee, Personnel Department, located on the 2nd floor of City Hall at 101 Church Street, Kissimmee, Florida 34741; or call 407.518.2110. The application process can possibly take between two and seven months depending upon when your application is received.
Applications can also be downloaded by clicking on the following link:
- Patrol Division
- Canine Unit
- Traffic Enforcement Unit
- Problem Oriented Policing Unit
- Street Crimes Unit
- Marine Unit
- School Resource Officers
- Major Crimes Investigations
- Property Crimes Investigations
- Upper Level Narcotic Enforcement (O.C.I.B.)
- Crisis Negotiation Team
- Field Training
- Internal Affairs