Some organizations have the opportunity to apply for a grant to waive certain fees to hold, open to the public community events. Grant funds are intended to supplement the costs of the event and are not intended to cover the total cost of the event. There are Three (3) application periods. Generally, the timeframes for the application periods are:
APPLICATION PERIOD I
Events held between October 1st and January 31st
April 1st Application Period Opens
May 1st Application Period Closes
May Application Review Period
June PARAB Meeting “Park Tank” -Applicants invited to attend PARAB meeting for Q&A session
July/August/September Attend Monthly Special Events Committee Meeting
APPLICATION PERIOD II
Events held between February 1st and May 31st
August 1st Application Period Opens
September 1st Application Period Closes
September Application Review Period
October PARAB Meeting “Park Tank” -Applicants invited to attend PARAB meeting for Q&A session
November/December/January Attend Monthly Special Events Committee Meeting
APPLICATION PERIOD III
Events held between June 1st and September 30th
December 1st Application Period Opens
January 1st Application Period Closes
January Application Review Period
February PARAB Meeting “Park Tank” -Applicants invited to attend PARAB meeting for Q&A session
March/April/May Attend Monthly Special Events Committee Meeting
The submission of a Fee Waiver Grant Application does not guarantee award of the grant or approval of an event. All organizations, whether applying for a grant or not, must complete an event reservation application and provide a reservation deposit to hold the date of the proposed event. Organizations that do not receive a grant will be charged accordingly.
In order to be eligible to apply for a fee waiver grant, the event must be an open to the public, community event, and the organization must meet at least 1 (one) of the following criteria:
1) Non-profit organization with a current 501(C)3 certificate
2) Government agency
3) An agency in which the City is a member
If you have previously received a fee waiver grant and did not complete all commitments or failed to perform in any way, points may be deducted from your current fee waiver ranking or your submittal may be eliminated altogether from the fee waiver grant process. That determination will be made by the individuals ranking this application.
There is a funding cap of $5,000 per event. No applicant shall receive a grant in an amount greater than $5,000. This is not a cash grant. Funds awarded may only be used for City services which includes but are not limited to:
· Staffing costs
· Equipment Rentals
· Facility Rentals
· Traffic / Street / Sanitation Services
· Permit Fees (excluding Kissimmee Police Department alcohol permit fee)
Event must be held on City owned property. Special circumstances for equipment rentals shall be approved by the Parks and Recreation Director or designee. The Kissimmee Parks and Recreation Advisory Board (PARAB) is a nine (9) member board that will conduct the review and ranking of all applications. The PARAB also determines the amount of each fee waiver grant.
Grant Final Report:
After City Commission approval the sponsoring organization shall enter into a License Agreement/Contract with the City of Kissimmee. Included in the License Agreement/Contract are reporting requirements to validate that all funds were used appropriately and in accordance with all established policies. Organizations are obligated to report to the City how granted funds were used. Please provide the following information no later than 30 days after the event:
1) Actual Event Budget including Profit and Loss Statement and Revenue Report.
2) Complete list of all vendors associated with the event including their contact information.
3) A copy of all marketing material used to market, promote and advertise the event.
Failure to provide the Grant Final Report may negatively impact future requests.
The Kissimmee Parks and Recreation Department will provide written notification of the approval or denial of any special requests, IE: insurance amendments, contract revisions, fees, policy amendments or any other special requests submitted in writing by the event organizer. No revisions and/or amendments to the final Contract/License Agreement or related items may be made without prior written notification and written approval from the Kissimmee Parks and Recreation Director or designee
The Kissimmee Parks and Recreation Department will provide a copy of the signed Contract/License Agreement to the event organizer to confirm final approval of the event.
All applicants that receive a grant in any amount must utilize the City seal/logo on all marketing, promotional and advertising materials including but not limited to print media, radio, television, website and social media.
All Fee Waiver Grant Applications will be ranked by the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board based upon 4 criterions shown below. Point values will be assigned to each ranking criterion in the amounts shown below.
1) Organization and Experience 50 points
· Has the sponsoring organization previously produced an event(s) in Kissimmee? If so, please identify
those events. (20 pts)
· Has the specific event been produced previously? If so, when & where? (10pts)
· How long has the sponsoring organization been in operation? (5 pts)
· What is the uniqueness of the proposed event? (10 pts)
· Please provide an organization chart of the Local Organizing Committee. Does the sponsoring recruit
volunteers to facilitate this event? (5 pts)
2) Event Revenue and Economic Impact 25 Points
· Provide and Review City of Kissimmee Cost Analysis (10 pts)
· Will the proposed event impact local business and if so, please describe that impact? (15 pts)
3) Marketing 15 Points
· How does the proposed event benefit the image/reputation of the city? (5 pts)
· Identify all forms of advertisement to be used. Provide a timeline for all promotion and advertising(5 pts)
· How much money will the sponsoring organization commit towards advertising? (5 pts)
4) Collaboration 10 Points
· Is the sponsoring organization collaborating with any other non-profit group? If so, please state the
commitments of all other groups. (5 pts)
· Has the sponsoring organization solicited local vendors to support the event? If so, please identify all vendors
that have committed to the event. (5 pts)
5) Bonus +/-
-Sponsoring organizations previously receiving fee waivers.
Did the organization meet all commitments and complete Grant Final Report? (-5 pts / 0 pts / +5 pts)
Park Tank Score Percentage of Requested Grant Waived
90 – 100 points 100%
80 – 90 points 90%
70 – 80 points 80%
60 – 70 points 70%
50 – 60 points 60%
40 – 50 points 50%
30 – 40 points 40%
20 – 30 points 30%
10 – 20 points 20%
0 – 10 points 10%