Most Common Code Enforcement Violations

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Lot Mowing: 
Property may not display an excessive amount of weeds, grass or undergrowth. This has the potential to cause fire or breed insects, rodents, snakes, and other pests.  The vegetation on an unimproved lot may not exceed 18 inches, while the grass on an improved lot may not exceed 12 inches.

Junk and Trash:
Discarding debris, trash, junk, garbage, or abandoned property on any public or private property is not permitted.

Abandoned/Inoperable Vehicles:
Vehicles must be operable and the person whose name appears on the registration must live in the house where the vehicle is parked. Operable means the vehicle is in driving condition. Any inoperable vehicles must be kept inside a garage.

Vehicle Repairs in Residential Districts:
Only minor repairs and maintenance may be accomplished on privately registered vehicles owned by the resident of the lot and having current State of Florida license plates, or motor vehicles designated by the State of Florida qualifying for an antique designation.  Minor repairs are limited to changing and replenishment of fluid levels, such as hydraulic fluid, windshield washer fluid, and lubricating oil, the replacement of spark plus, ignition points, the rotation of tires and the checking of adequate pressure; and the replacement of drive belts and hydraulic lines, provided all repairs are completed within 7 days of commencement.  Repairs and maintenance may be performed on no more than 2 vehicles at a time.  Any other repairs are restricted to a totally enclosed building

Residential Parking:
Vehicles may not be parked on the grass in the front or along the side yard of any property, except for 2 cars parked directly adjacent to the driveway in the front yard.

Address Numbers:
Address numbers must be at least three inches in height.

Recreational Vehicles and Boat Trailer:
Each residential lot may have up to three trailers and/or recreational equipment items stored outdoors, but only one of these items may be parked in the front or along the side yards. No more than one of these items may be a motor home or a travel trailer. The parking of these items may not interfere with the use of the sidewalk or street, including obstructing visibility of intersections or driveways. The vehicle or trailer may be parked between the house and the street adjacent to the front or side of the home. In these situations, the vehicle or trailer must be parked on a paved surface.  Single paver blocks under each tire are not permitted.  If a vehicle or trailer is parked in the side yard, between two dwelling units, it is not required to be parked on a paved surface.

Commercial Vehicles:
Commercial vehicle that exceeds the 8,000 pound Gross Vehicle Weight may not be parked or stored on any lot or street in any district.

Business Tax Receipts (BTR):

Any person pursing trade or business, work out of their home, rent a short term dwelling, solicit or panhandle within City limits must obtain a Business Tax Receipt from both Osceola County and the City of Kissimmee prior to conducting business.  BTR’s are valid for a period of 1 year and must be renewed by paying the license tax annually by September 30.  For more information, please contact the Development Services Building Division at 407.518.2379.

Home Occupation (Business):
Certain home occupations are permitted, however; you must first apply for and be issued a City of Kissimmee Business Tax Receipt (formerly known as an occupational license).


Whether you are a homeowner or a licensed contractor who wishes to construct or development within the City of Kissimmee, a permit is often required prior to starting work on your proposed project.  To find out whether your project will require a permit or for more information, please contact the Development Services Building Division at 407.518.2379.


There a multiple types of permanent (i.e. ground, wall, awning, projecting) and temporary (i.e. banners, cold air balloons, human signs) signage allowable.  These signs often require a permit and must meet certain requirements.  To find out more information, please contact the Development Services Planning Division at 407.518.2146. 

Maximum Number of Pets:
No more than five (5) adult dogs and/or cats are permitted.

Unsafe Structures
To report unsafe structures or properties which are not secure, please contact the Building Division at 407.518.2120.

Watering Restrictions:
Watering restrictions can change due to environmental conditions. For the most up-to-date information about watering in your neighborhood, please contact the Toho Water Authority at 407. 518.2160.

Pool Safety:
Residential swimming pools must comply with the Standard Swimming Pool Code (SBCCI). Pools must be surrounded by an enclosure or fence at least 48 inches in height. The barrier may not have any gaps, openings, indentations, protrusions, or structural components that could allow a young child to crawl under, squeeze through, or climb over the barrier.  For more information about swimming safety, please contact the Community Coalition of Osceola Water Safety (CCOWS) at 407.933.SWIM.