The City of Kissimmee is closely monitoring the global COVID-19 outbreak and potential impacts within the United States. More information on our current status and information on the situation is found on our Coronavirus information page.

Police FAQ

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Frequently asked questions of the police department.
  • Someone is using my social security number for employment or filing taxes. What should I do?

    File an online complaint with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at
  • Someone used my credit card or checking account number(s) to make purchases online. What should I do?

    File an online report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center at
  • How do I apply for employment with the police department?

    Call the recruiting division at 407-847-0176 ext. 3264 for employment information. An application may be obtained from the City Personnel Department located on the 2nd floor in City Hall, or downloaded from the website. To review the requirement to become a police officer click here.
  • A junk car has been abandoned in my parking lot or on my property. Can the police have it towed?

    The police department can only have vehicles towed that are on public property. Call a wrecker service in your area and the vehicle will be towed away at no cost to you. The wrecker service will notify the owners once they have determined ownership
  • What should I do if a police officer signals for me to pull over when I am driving?

    • Yield to the right and stop your vehicle as far away as possible from the moving lane of traffic 
    • Turn on your emergency flashers
    • Remain inside your vehicle, so you do not subject yourself to the dangers of traffic
    • Keep your seat belt fastened until the officer has seen you are wearing it
    • If it is dark outside, turn on you interior dome light
    • Stay relaxed. Keep your hands in plain view, preferably placed at the top of the steering wheel.
    • Ask your passengers to place their hands in plain view, for example in their lap
    • Roll the window all the way down, so you and the officer can communicate
    • Wait to obtain your driver’s license and proof of insurance until after the officer requests these items
  • What are the requirements to becoming a police officer? How do applicants get accepted into the police academy?

    Contact the Criminal Justice Academy of Osceola County for information on becoming a police officer and entrance in the police academy. The academy is located at the Technical Education Center of Osceola (TECO) located at 501 Simpson Road, Kissimmee, call 407-344-5080.
  • Should I report suspicious activity in my neighborhood?

    The police department depends on citizens calling to report crimes or suspicious activity. The dispatcher who takes your call will ask questions about the activity to determine its nature and ask for descriptions of the people involved. You may be asked if an officer or detective may contact you, but you may refuse.  You may contact the police department by e-mail at
  • Speeding is a problem in our neighborhood. What can the police do about it?

    Call the police department Traffic Unit at 407-847-0176 ext. 3235 and request that this area be placed on selective enforcement.
  • My friend or relative is overdue returning home, how can I find out if he/she was involved in a traffic crash?

    The police department dispatch center does not have the names of persons involved in accidents available. If a person is injured in an accident and unable to call themselves, we will notify their family.
  • Can I file a report over the telephone or does an officer have to come to my house?

    Some reports can be taken over the telephone. The Community Service Officer working the Differential Police Reporting (DPR) desk can determine if your report can be handled over the telephone. You can contact the DPR desk by calling 407-.847-.0176 ext. 3106. 

    You can also download and complete the victim/witness form and take it to the police department. 

  • Can a police report be filed any time of the day? Do I need to make an appointment?

    The police department will respond 24 hours a day, seven days a week to requests for police assistance.  If you would like to come into the police department to file a report, the lobby is open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
  • Where do I go to pay a parking ticket or a traffic citation?

    Parking tickets can be paid in person or by mail.

    • Check or money order made payable to Kissimmee Parking Ticket Program. P.O. Box 865317, Orlando, FL 32886-5317.  

    Traffic Citations are processed through Traffic Court at the Osceola County Court House. If you have any questions about paying for a traffic citation or you would like to set a hearing date, please contact traffic court directly at 407-742-3566.

  • How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

    The records department is opened from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. There is no charge for reports less than 25 pages. If you cannot come into the police department, your report can be mailed if you provide a self addressed stamped envelope along with the case number.  Traffic crash reports are available for a fee of $2.00.  Crash reports are available 24/7 on-line and there is a $10.00 fee.  Please note, crash reports are only available for the parties involved, their insurance companies and attorneys for the first 60 days.  After 60 days crash reports are public record.
  • How do I find out if someone has been arrested and how do I visit them in jail?

    The Kissimmee Police Department does not have a jail. You need to contact the Osceola County jail directly at 407-742-4444.
  • Why am I asked so many questions when I call 9-1-1?

    Receiving dispatchers are trained to try to get as much information as possible to best determine the nature of the problem and its seriousness. On emergency calls, the dispatcher has already sent the information to the officer while asking additional questions.
  • Can the police open my car door if I have locked my keys inside?

    Because of the potential for damage to vehicles the police department does not open locked vehicles. A locksmith is your best alternative. If a child is locked inside the vehicle, the Fire Department will send a rescue unit to remove the child from the vehicle, possibly by breaking a window.
  • Why did it take so long for the police to arrive when I called 9-1-1?

    All requests for police services are assigned to priority based on the seriousness of the incident and the potential for injury or damage to property. At times, calls of a less urgent nature must be delayed so that we can respond immediately to emergencies.

  • Does the police department offer fingerprinting? If so, when can I have my fingerprints done?

    Yes, fingerprinting is offered on Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.. There is a $10 fee for residents of Osceola County and a $25 fee if you are not a resident of Osceola County. You must bring your fingerprint card with you, have it filled out in black ink, and have a valid picture ID. The Kissimmee Police Department is located at 8 North Stewart Avenue, Kissimmee, FL 34741.