The mission of the Kissimmee Police Department is to work in partnership with the community to continuously provide a safe and secure environment in which to live, work and visit.
Furthermore, the Kissimmee Police Department values:
- Human life and dignity - We will treat everyone with fairness, compassion and respect
- Integrity – in order to maintain the trust and respect of those who depend on us
- Excellence – We will provide the best police service to our community
In an effort to promote positive law enforcement interactions and to dispel perceptions of biased law enforcement, Kissimmee Police Department employees will:
- Be courteous and professional.
- Will identify themselves to the citizen by providing their name, Department affiliation and the reason for the encounter as soon as practical.
- Ensure the detention is no longer than necessary to take appropriate law enforcement action and that the citizen understands the purpose of reasonable delays.
- Answer any relevant questions the citizen may have to include citation disposition procedures, court dates, etc.
- Provide their name and department I.D. number when requested in writing or on a business card.
- Provide a professional explanation should it be determined that the person was not involved in the suspected criminal activity.
If you feel an employee has acted improperly, you may contact the employee’s supervisor by calling the non-emergency number at (407) 846-333. The supervisor will discuss your concerns and take the appropriate follow-up actions. You may also request to speak with a Watch Commander any time using the non-emergency number.
You can file a complaint by calling the Internal Affairs Unit at the numbers listed below. You also have the option of coming into the Kissimmee Police Department to make your complaint in person. The Kissimmee Police Department is located at 8 N. Stewart Avenue, Kissimmee FL 34741. The Internal Affairs Unit normally works Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additionally, you can send you complaint to the above address via U.S. mail.
For more information, please see the Civilian Complaint Procedure Brochure. Thank you.
|Lieutenant Camille Alicea||E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org||Phone: 407.847.0176 ext. 3125|
|Corporal Brian Clyde||E-mail: email@example.com||Phone: 407-847-0176 ext. 3245|